Pass It Forward
The Legacy Planning Process
Here's What You Can Expect
"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give."
- Winston Churchill
Legacy Planners Checklist
We get it, thinking about a time you’re no longer here isn’t easy. Here’s a checklist to get you started.
- Will my family be cared for financially if I were to pass away unexpectedly?
- Have I reviewed my beneficiary designations?
- If I am unable to care for myself, who do I want to make financial and medical decisions for me?
- If I am terminally ill or seriously injured, what kind of life-sustaining procedure would I want to receive? Or do I want to receive any?
- How do I divide my assets?
- What do I want to leave for my spouse, children, favorite charity, etc.? How can I protect my assets from creditors or ex-spouses?
- How do I minimize the tax exposure of my estate?
- Do I have sufficient life insurance coverage?
Both! While the planning is done for your estate after you've passed, taking steps to organize it today will give you the peace of mind that those you love will be cared for in the manner by which you intended. Certain tax strategies also can have living benefits that you can benefit from as well.
If you have any assets or loved ones, you should have a simple plan in place. You don’t need to have millions of dollars to have everything in order.
All it costs is about a half hour of your time. We don’t charge anything before we know if we are able to bring any value to you. Our advice is always free, but if we spot any gaps in your plan that we’d look to fill, we’d be sure to let you know how we get compensated.
Blogs for You